Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Excuses and Rationalizing

Well I haven't ridden since this weekend. I finally sent my headlight in for repair under warranty yesterday, so hopefully that'll be returned soon and I'll have one fewer excuse not to ride. But in place of riding, I've recently started some yoga-ish stuff from a magazine in the mornings to increase my core strength and flexibility. I'm atrociously inflexible, so this is a very good thing even if it's far less enjoyable than a ride at sunrise. But here's something odd: my butt hurts today. Really badly. Like I injured my tailbone. None of the exercises I've done even involve sitting, so I don't know where this came from.

Something else I've been up to is building a bike carrier for the back of my truck. No more will my bicycles be forced to endure a truck ride lying down in the bed. No, they now can proudly stand upright (sans front wheel). Dammit my butt hurts. I'd been contemplating this design for a couple years, but I never felt like actually implementing it until inspiration struck me in the form of Phil, a fellow Skinny Tire Pedaler who loves making stuff that posers like me have paid ridiculous amounts of money for. He brought his bike to a ride once on a roof rack that he had made completely from scratch, and in doing so convinced me to finally get off my butt with my idea. Thanks Phil! It's built to accommodate three bikes but I have yet to test it in motion.

No comments: