Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veterans' Day Ride

Now that I've got a bit more stuff installed on my new laptop, I can post a new entry for the Vets' Day ride I took yesterday. Speaking of that, to any & all veterans tuning in, happy Veterans' Day wishes (belated) and thanks (as always) to you for your dedication and sacrifices.

My own service to veterans this year was a bike ride with a salty old sailor. Mike & I went for a fifty-miler. Down into the Snake River Canyon, past Map Rock (stopping for a look), back up near Marsing, and then around Lake Lowell before rolling back into Nampa. We got rained on just a little and dealt with more wind than we'd have liked, but all in all it was a great fall ride.

Mike is tantalizingly close to his own goal for the year. After our fifty on Wednesday, he's just twenty or thirty miles shy of 3000. We've got another ride on Saturday, so barring a catastrophe he'll make his goal then if not before. Awesome job Mike!

No comments: