Sunday, November 1, 2009

Goodbye October

Yesterday was the inaugural ride of the group ride that has yet to be named but is all about riding through the winter. We've kinda decided to start at one of Nampa's coffee shops and ride to a coffee shop in one of the neighboring towns - plenty of opportunities to get warm! This was all Bruce Wiley's idea - and what a great one! A quick search of Google Maps around Kuna a couple nights ago yielded the Trellis Bistro. We were fairly pleased - I'm sure that we'll end up there again this winter.

Mike flatted on the way back, and that ended up being just what the doctor ordered. Most of the riders decided to keep on riding and leave Mike, Trevor, and me behind to catch up after fixing
the flat. So we fixed it and got jamming again - kept it above 20MPH for pretty much the rest of the ride. Got stopped by a train just before catching the lead group, and ended up having to work hard to catch up again before rolling back into the barn.

Mike & I were chatting on the way to Kuna when Mike mentioned that he was over 400 miles for October. "Excellent!" I said, "That's farther than I've ridden this month by a long shot." He expressed his doubt at this, so after returning home I took a look at Cyclistats for a resolution. Well heck, I'm over 500 miles for October! That's actually more miles than I rode in July! And
compare that to the 82 miles from last October - holy shnikies! So that's cool. And I'm now past 4900 miles on the year. 5000 is pretty much a sure thing now (I'll hopefully have that by next weekend), and my ultimate goal of 5300 is well within sight. If November is as good to me a October, then I'll have it before the month is out.

No comments: