Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on my Way to the Blog

We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog post for something a bit lighter . . . well no, heavier. My training today consisted of two whopping slices of pie, driving all the way to work, and an hour-long conference call. But at least I sold another bit of my Yakima rack.

Anyway a conversation that Kate & I had last night was funny enough that I feel the need to share it, thereby putting off my outline of possible races for me to enter until later.

After reading yesterday's post, Kate was a bit upset with me. "You want ANOTHER bike!?" she said after reading that I'd like to buy a TT bike someday. That would make three for me.

I said, "You have three dogs."

"The dogs aren't mine; they're ours."

I quickly came back, "Well my bikes are ours too."

She sighed and said, "But I can't ride your bikes."

I said, "Well I can't ride your dogs either!" :) She had no response, but somehow I think she's somewhat less than completely convinced.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I physically can't ride his bikes as they are too big. My feet can't reach!

Dan said...

And I physically can't ride the dogs. They're not engineered well enough!