Monday, December 22, 2008

California Dreaming

Well it's time to face facts.  The Winter Soltice has come & gone (without comment from Tyler, which is highly unusual).  The good news there, of course, is that the days are now getting longer and we can officially start looking forward to Spring (and believe me - I am).  The bad news, though, is that it's darn cold out there and the snow covered roads are too much for me.  But that's not because I lack confidence in less-than-optimal conditions (but I do - in a big way); it's more because the lack of any appreciable snow removal around here means that there's no shoulder to bail to when a car approaches.  Plus I sold my mountain bike in the spring and I never got around to buying knobbier tires for my Raleigh so all I've got are slicks.  That's fixed easily enough with a call to Tyler; but it's easier to sit back, eat some peanut butter smidgens, and complain like an old man on his porch in a thunderstorm.

I've got no bike news so I might as well relate some garage news.  The bike storage corner has been completed.  Most bike stuff has been stored.  I've still got to figure out where I want to store my two bikes, rags, old tires, and my work stand; but I'm getting there.  Next on the agenda is another overhead loft that'll fit above the garage doors.  Once I move some rarely-used stuff up there from the shelves I built last fall, then I'll have room for rags, old tires, and my work stand.  :)

I've really gotta clip my toe nails.

No comments: